Yvette Louise Sitters ABN 56 688 741 149 trading as Manage My Wedding, its subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia (collectively referred to as Manage My Wedding) are committed to managing Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
By the term Personal information, we are referring to information, or an opinion, about an identifiable individual, or a reasonably recognisable individual: whether the information or opinion is accurate or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information).
ABOUT MANAGE MY WEDDING
Manage My Wedding provides a platform for:
- its Users to plan, budget, organise and coordinate a wedding or wedding event;
- the education of its Users, the sharing and dissemination of information, the provision of content (including Blogs and Podcasts) and other downloadable or non-downloadable material; and
- the sale of various goods and services in relation to weddings and events.(the Services)
Manage My Wedding provides its Services to Users in multiple ways, which are listed as follows:
- its mobile device application software which Users can download for free (the App);
- its Website which Users can visit via https://managemywedding.com (the Website);
- its third party Shopify Store which Users can visit and purchase various goods and services; (the Shopify Store Website) and
- its App and Website based paid premium service subscriptions for access to exclusive content and other tools (the Premium Services); and
- its different third party social media platforms (such as Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram). (collectively, the Service Platforms)
Manage My Wedding obtains information about its Users through its various Service Platforms.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DOES MANAGE MY WEDDING COLLECT AND HOLD, AND WHY?
Manage My Wedding may collect, use, hold, store and disclose your Personal Information, which allows us to conduct our business which includes the provision of the Services and Service Platforms.
Manage My Wedding may also use your Personal Information for the following purpose:
- communicate with you;
- confirm your identity;
- provide you with the various services you have asked us to deliver;
- process and fulfil any orders, transactions or sales in relation to the delivery of the Services (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices or order confirmations);
- communicate with relevant third parties about you;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- provide you with information about our business, the services we offer, news, updates, marketing material and event invitations (including through third party platforms for our convenience);
- connect you with other Users of the Services or third parties;
- data analysis and exploring market trends; and
- for any other purpose necessary to conduct our business.
The types of Personal Information that we may collect, or that you provide voluntarily to Manage My Wedding, may include the following:
User Account Details:
- When you register, access or use the Services, then we will require you to provide your name, contact information (such as residential addresses, phone/fax numbers and email addresses), locality, geo-location data, date of birth.
User Profile Details:
- When you use the Services, your profile may include some details described in the User Account Details, but also may consist of for example, names, postal or residential addresses, ages, genders, email addresses, contact details, financial details (including, but not limited to, budget information, wages/salary information, and general expenditure), location of events, date of events, and other personal information and sensitive information.
- We may collect any additional Personal Information you provide to us or authorise us to collect, as part of your interaction with our the
User’s Current Location and Distance:
- When you use the Services, then we may collect your current, or last known, location which is used in the determination of your locality from other Users. We achieve this through various methods, including collecting your Wi-fi, Guidance Positioning System (GPS), Cellular or other technology in your mobile device.
User’s Forums, Messages and Events:
- When you use the Services we will collect any messages, posts, blogs, or other communications including pictures, images, locations, or videos, that you send or post to other Users and on the Service Platforms. Manage My Wedding may also collect information about you and your guests and the attendance to any events or functions held or facilitated by Manage My Wedding or any third parties doing so through the Services platform.
- Manage My Wedding may provide to any of its consultants, partners or sponsor information collected from you concerning the events or functions that a User attend or holds.
Subscriptions and Payments:
- If you elect to subscribe or purchase any of the Premium Services offerings, then we will collect information that is necessary to complete the subscription and purchase. We will typically require your billing information, including your name, residential address, telephone contact details, email address and your credit card details.
- Our Shopify Store Website is hosted on Shopify Incorporated. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- For Manage My Wedding to process an order, transaction or sale through its Service Platforms, then we will require you to provide your billing information which may include your bank account details, credit card details and other contact information. We may also be required to ensure that you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you are purchasing through the App, the Website or the Shopify Website Store, then Manage My Wedding may not directly process or receive any User’s credit card details and personal information.
- From time-to-time, we may allow the use of third party payment facilities to process and handle a User’s payment of the Services. For example, we may allow Users to pay for the Services through third parties such as Afterpay. We recommend that each User reads and understands any third party payment facility’s terms and conditions prior to purchasing any of the Services as we do not accept liability for payments through third party facilities.
Devices, Cookies and third party Websites:
- We collect certain information such as your device type, browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, your URL information, the date and time (including time zone) of your visit, the pages you have accessed on our websites and third party websites. You are not identifiable from such information.
- You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, then some areas or features of the Services may not work correctly.
- Manage My Wedding has an interest in the collection of such information for fraud monitoring, screening for potential risk, improving and optimising our Platform Services and for analytics and marketing purposes (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the websites, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Manage My Wedding websites may contain links to third party websites. Manage My Wedding is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to our Website.
- When you use the Services, then we will collect your software and hardware information concerning your mobile device or computer.
- We may share your cookies collected with third parties, and you may allow us to access or collect information that was collected by third parties.
Mailing List and Feedback and Suggestions:
- When you register a User account with Manage My Wedding, then Manage My Wedding may use or disclose your Personal Information for targeted and behavioural advertisement, marketing communications, informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If you opt-out of receiving marketing material or opts out of our mailing list from us, Manage My Wedding may still contact you about its ongoing relationship with you and may continue to store your information unless directed by you to do otherwise.
- If you provide Manage My Wedding with any feedback or suggestions, then we will collect your contact information and other relevant personal or device related data to address the feedback and suggestion. We may also retain your method of providing your feedback or suggestion for statistical information and analysis.
- Manage My Wedding may disclose information to third parties we engage to provide our Services, including contractors and service providers used for data processing, data analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, information technology services and support, website maintenance or development, printing, archiving, mail-outs, and market research.
- Manage My Wedding may disclose information between its interrelated Service Platforms and to its third party Shopify Store Website (for example: if you sign up via the App and you wish to purchase a product on the Shopify Store Website, then we may need to disclose your information).
- Personal information may also be shared between related and affiliated parties and companies of Manage My Wedding, located in Australia and overseas.
- Third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information may contact you directly to let you know they have collected your Personal Information and to give you information about their privacy policies.
- Manage My Wedding may collect personal information from social media companies (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram) and collect information from you when you link any of your social media accounts to the Service Platforms. We note that if you link your social media account information to your account, then it may be publicly visible on the Service Platforms. Users connect their social media accounts at their own risk.
Manage My Wedding Administration:
- Manage My Wedding will also use and disclose your Personal Information for a range of administrative, management and operational purposes. This includes (but is not limited to) planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating our services, statistical analysis and reporting, risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (i.e. liaising with insurers and legal representatives), responding to enquiries and complaints regarding our services, obtaining advice from consultants and other professional advisers, responding to subpoenas and other legal orders and obligations, administering billing and payments and debt recovery, training staff, contractors and other workers, and quality improvement activities.
HOW DOES MANAGE MY WEDDING HOLD AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Manage My Wedding stores your Personal Information in any of the following ways, including:
- paper-based files; or
- other electronic record keeping methods in secure databases; and
- trusted third party storage providers based in Australia and overseas, including cloud-based storage providers.
Paper Based Storage
Personal Information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for use or storage (with the original paper-based documents either archived or securely destroyed).
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Third Party Storage
We cannot ensure that your Personal Information is or will remain, secure concerning any third party storage provider that Manage My Wedding engages or contracts. This is due to Manage My Wedding not having any management and control over that third party provider’s policies and procedures concerning the handling and storage of your Personal Information.
Manage My Wedding maintains physical security over paper and electronic data stores, such as through locks and security systems at our premises.
We also maintain computer and network security, i.e. we use firewalls (security measures for the internet) and other security systems such as User identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
Our websites do not necessarily use encryption or other technologies to ensure the secure transmission of information via the internet. Users of our websites are encouraged to exercise care in sending Personal Information via the internet.
Manage My Wedding requires you to provide necessary details to set up a User account to provide the Services. However, Manage My Wedding will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not possible for Manage My Wedding to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect Personal Information about you, you may be unable to utilise the Services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require.
WHO MAY MANAGE MY WEDDING DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
During the conduct of our business, Manage My Wedding may disclose your Personal Information to:
- to its affiliates, subsidiaries and related parties, companies or entities;
- Google Analytics;
- other companies or individuals (including debt collectors or agents);
- any relevant courts, tribunals or regulatory authorities;
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose your information; and
- any other company or individual that it is necessary to disclose your Personal Information, to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested.
For example, we use Shopify to power the Shopify Store Website. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Service Platforms. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information via https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You may also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR SEEK CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You are entitled to access your Personal Information held by Manage My Wedding on request. To request access to your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
You will not be charged for requests to access your Personal Information, but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your request.
You are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information with Manage My Wedding is accurate and updated regularly. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in the information we hold about you and letting us know if your details change.
However, if you consider any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.
We may decline your request to access or correct your Personal Information in certain circumstances following the APPs. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of a request for correction, we will include a statement with your Personal Information about the requested correction.
DELETION, RETENTION AND PORTABILITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If, at any point in time, you wish for your Personal Information to:
- be destroyed; or
- be de-identified; or
- be accessed; or
- be provided to you as a copy, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain your (or part of) your Personal Information, then you can submit a request to Manage My Wedding by contacting the Privacy Officer via email@example.com.
When you place an order through the Service Platforms, then we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Manage My Wedding keeps your Personal Information only as long as necessary to provide our Services to you and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations or settling disputes.
WILL WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
Manage My Wedding is wholly owned and operated from Queensland, Australia. Manage My Wedding currently operates in Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America and throughout Europe. To ensure that we can conduct our business, we will be required to disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients from time-to-time.
Whether or not such a disclosure is made will depend on the facts of the particular matter for which you have engaged our services. It is not practicable to state which countries the recipient entities may be located. Manage My Wedding current data storage provider currently owns and operates data centres and cloud platforms around the world and in many countries.
Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries where laws regarding your Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in Australia. The overseas recipient may not be accountable for any breaches of your Personal Information, and, in some circumstances, you might be left without a legal remedy (in that overseas jurisdiction and Australia) in the event of a privacy breach by the overseas recipient.
Additionally, the overseas recipient will be subject to their foreign law, which could compel the disclosure of your Personal Information to a third party, such as an overseas authority like foreign police or law enforcement.
By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to the transfer, storage or processing, including all associated risks to overseas recipients. If you require further information on your rights and our responsibilities, we recommend that you visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's Website and review the APPs, particularly the APP 8 about cross-border disclosure of Personal Information.
In accordance with GDPR, Manage My Wedding has:
- reviewed our data processing activities to determine which data processing activities are subjected to the GDPR.
- followed appropriate security measures and precautions in accordance with GDPR.
- ensured employees of Manage My Wedding who are authorised to process personal data have committed to confidentiality.
- where applicable, we have offered contractual language documenting our commitments to our customers to support their GDPR obligations.
- updated and expanded internal processes to accommodate data subject rights requests.
COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS
Manage My Wedding may collect Personal Information about other individuals who are not Users of the Services. This includes:
- the guests and delegates of your wedding event or function;
- customers and members of the public who participate in events we are involved with;
- individual service providers and contractors to Manage My Wedding; and
- other individuals who interact with Manage My Wedding on a commercial basis.
The kinds of Personal Information we collect will depend on the capacity in which you are dealing with Manage My Wedding. Generally, it would include your name, contact details, and information regarding our interactions and transactions with you.
If you are participating in an event that we are managing or delivering, we may take images or audio-visual recordings which identify you.
In limited circumstances, Manage My Wedding may collect information which is considered sensitive information. For example, if you are injured at an event promoted or delivered by Manage My Wedding, we may collect health information about you in an emergency or otherwise with your consent.
We may collect Personal Information about children (i.e. when children participate in events we are involved with). Where children do not have sufficient maturity and understanding to make decisions about their Personal Information, we will require their parents or guardians to make decisions on their behalf.
You can always decline to give Manage My Wedding any Personal Information we request, but that may mean we cannot provide you with some or all of the services including the Services that you have requested. If you have any concerns about Personal Information we have asked for, please let us know.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT IF YOU BELIEVE WE HAVE MISHANDLED YOUR PERSON INFORMATION?
You may make a complaint about privacy to the Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below.
The Privacy Officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint.
Our Privacy Officer will generally contact you within 14 days of the date we receive the written details of your complaint to acknowledge that we have received it. Our Privacy Officer will then:
- review of the way we dealt with your Personal Information;
- conduct an internal investigation (if necessary) into how your Personal Information came to be handled in the way that it was; and
- provide a report to you within one month of the date we acknowledged receipt of your complaint. If the matter is complicated or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
If your complaint requires more detailed consideration or investigation, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a week and endeavour to complete our investigation into your complaint promptly. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. We will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents and speak with individuals involved.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that Manage My Wedding may have breached the APPs or the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the OAIC website which is accessible via this link https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
CONTACT MANAGE MY WEDDING
Attention: Manage My Wedding