Ways To Honour Loved Ones On Your Wedding Day MMW 171
Honouring loved ones on your wedding day can be something extremely important to you and others in your family.
But how do you do it without it taking away the happiness of your wedding day.
Acknowledging loved ones on your big day isn’t just for those who have passed but also for those who can’t make it or who might be ill or just can’t travel.
So here are some suggestions you might like to consider.
- A photo table that shows our loved ones who can’t be there. You could even make this more special by having a photo of their own wedding day. This works well if they haven’t passed yet because you are just showing their actual wedding day .
- Have someone in their speeches acknowledge those who can’t be there and talk about their impact on your life in a really beautiful loving way.
- You could have a locket with their photo on your bouquet.
- Light candles during the ceremony for those who can’t be there with you.
- Have their favourite drink on offer at the bar with a photo of them.
- Play their favourite songs during the day or night.
- If someone can’t make it and you know they love cake have a flavour of their choice on the cake and then have someone take them a piece of cake after the wedding. Better still, when cutting the cake get the MC to tell the guests about the cake flavour and then play a song they loved.
- Some people like to leave a seat for them with their jacket or scarf or a photo at the ceremony.
- Include a note on the service booklets or the back of the menu.
- Have a moment of reflection or a minutes silence at the ceremony or the start of the speeches.
- Toast to them during the night or in the speeches.
- If they were known for something incorporate that. If they played darts have a dart board and a sign above it saying David’s Dart’s. Or a chess game with their old chess set and again a little sign.
- Instead of a favour donate to a charity that they loved or just pick a charity and and say it’s in honour of your loved ones who can’t be there today.
Not all of these suggestions suit everyone so it's important you find which is best for you and your special day.
🧡 Download the Free Manage My Wedding App - HERE!
🧡 Download The Manage My Wedding Checklists & Planning Tools - HERE!
🧡 Book a One-On-One Private Consultation With Yvette - HERE!
🧡 Plan the Calm Bride way through our step-by-step wedding planning. Learn more and watch our FREE Wedding Workshop HERE!
PODCAST SPONSORS -
Book the luxury honeymoon of your dreams with the experts from Travel Associates - Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced luxury travel advisors. Not only do they specialise in curating personalised honeymoon itineraries that tick all your boxes, but they are also some of the best travel advisors around ensuring your experience is seamless from start to finish. With a minimum of 10 years' experience, they will take care of every little detail so all you have to do is relax and enjoy.