MMW 6: Post Wedding Blues are a Thing. Here's How You Can Avoid Them.
In today’s podcast, Yvette shares her insights and debunks the myths surrounding the post-wedding blues. Studies show a staggering 50% of newly-married couples report feeling depressed after their wedding day so this is certainly a topic brides and grooms-to-be need to be aware and informed about. Yvette reminds couples that it is normal to feel down after the excitement of your wedding day and acknowledges it can be hard to adjust to everyday life after your big day preoccupied so much of your time and thoughts.
- Practical steps you can take to avoid the post-wedding blues.
- How you can put your newly-found planning and organisational skills to good use in other areas of your life.
- Why volunteering or giving your time to someone in need can help to raise your mood and shift your purpose.
- Why it is vital to keep up your pre-wedding health and fitness routine to help your mental health.
- How prioritising time with your partner for date nights, sex, and even gifts can keep the blues at bay.
- The importance of setting new goals for yourself.
- A reminder of the tasks you need to complete post-wedding that can help prolong the planning process while you adjust to life without a big event to plan and look forward to.
This episode is brought to you by:
The Manage My Wedding Bridal Robes. Shop Here! A bridal robe is the perfect elegant pre-wedding option and can be worn again after the special day. Perfect for the bride-to-be and her gorgeous ladies as a gift.
Episode five: Is it Time to Re-Think Your Wedding Dress
If you loved this podcast and would like to hear more from The Manage My Wedding Podcast please subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. We would love for you to rate this podcast on iTunes and share with your family and friends on social media tagging us.